Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First phone call!!!


I just got off the phone with Allison. We talked 4 minutes and 47 seconds. It was really strange. I have no memories of talking on the phone with her, none. But surely I must have. Surely I have, at some point, talked on the phone with her. I mean, when I went away to college email wasn't common and texting simply didn't exist. Did I just not communicate with her?

Perhaps my anticipation of this surreality – of hearing her hear me, the surreality of her understanding the entire conversation – was what made me wait so long to call her. I don't know (and I have thought about it a lot). She's talked to my mother; her husband Joe; her oldest son, Kyle. Our sisters, Jennifer and Michelle, both called her the day her implant was turned on. Me, I wait 54 days. 

Crazy. Exciting. Crazy exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment